An experienced computer professional with a background in software development
Substantial experience in managing computer projects, including the ability to work
under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and utilise problem solving skills to ensure
projects met stated goals and objectives.
Excellent oral skills, such as teaching and presentations that excite and inform students.
- Linux lecture presentation to high school students in Radom Poland
- Elimination of viruses and mass overhaul of computers at Yu Shiang English Language School Kaohsiung Taiwan while being an English Teacher
- Ecommerce site Skylandvd, which uses Oscommerce, based on PHP/MySQL.
- Map attributing of George Town Tasmania, for George Town Council and Tasmanian Roads working for Insight GIS (formerly Landfile Consultancy) Bellerive Hobart Tasmania
(Now city centre Hobart), using MAPINFO.
- My own personal website at http://www.barwinski.net
- Installing and configuring Apache and MySQL servers with PHP.
- Assembly of computers for various clients
- 2006 Spotless on contract to Energex (Present employer) Brisbane
Electric/Gas Meter Reader
- Read electric and gas meters in residential and industrial areas for processing of relevant bills.
- 2004-2005 Oxbridge Language Centre Radom Poland
English Teacher for Adults and Teenagers
- Prepared and delivered interesting and informative lectures/workshops on a variety of topics, with emphasis on the development of grammar and vocabulary.
- Designed and prepared customised teaching programs to allow students to develop language skills for various situations.
- Delivered a highly successful Linux lecture to fifty high school students.
- Provided mentoring and guidance to university professors at the Radom Institute of Tera-Technology on Scientific English with emphasis on scientific programs within the European Union.
- Was invited to present a successful campaign involving a local radio program for teaching high school students English. One aspect of which was writing some of the conversation dialogues for the program.
- As recognition of my innovative teaching style, I had a newspaper actilcle written about myself and my teaching experience in Poland and Taiwan on pages one and three.
- 2003 Yu Shiang English Language School Kaohsiung Taiwan
English Teacher for Adults and Children and Part-time Computer Technician
- Participated in training classes through the delivery of entertaining and informative lectures to adolescent and high school students.
- Administered cirriculum for fifth and sixth grade students. Developed lesson plans and instructed all major subject areas, including reading and grammar.
- Assessed students abilities and evaluated performance.
- Teaching adult students in preparation for Taiwanese General English Proficiency Test (GEPT)
- Analysed system performance, then identied and fixed problems on school computers.
- 2002 Offground Websites Melbourne
Web Design with PHP/MySQL (Working from home)
- Working as an external consultant on a contract basis, I designed and developed e-commerce websites for various clients.
- Skylandvd store. Designing and writing code for admin pages for the importing of spreadsheets for new stock into a MySQL database. Pages for the handling of e-commerce transactions, eg by credit card and pages for the general admin of the site.
- Inscorp finance co. Design of admin pages for the general admin of the site.
- 2001 Insight GIS Hobart
- Projects meticulously completed for George Town City Council and Tasmanian Roads using the MapInfo GIS program. Accuracy and attention to detail was of prime importance.
- 2000 Hymans Auctioneers Eagle Farm Brisbane
Computer Hardware/Software Auditor
- Hardware and software auditor for client NDC in Brisbane Metro area and Toowoomba
- 1999 Channel 7 Mt Cootha Brisbane
- PC Assembly and PC/network troubleshooting.
- Dealing with personnel in various departments and prioritising tasks.
- 2003 Global TESOL Institiute Brisbane
Advanced TESOL Certificate / Computer English Specialisation
- 1999 Computer Power Training Institute Brisbane
Certificate IV Computer Maintenance (Average Mark 91%)
- 1997 South Bank Institute of TAFE South Brisbane
Associate Diploma Electronic Engineering
- Greg Ozdoba
Former Director of Studies
Oxbridge Language Centre
- Ewa Kowalik
Director of Studies
English First jezyka angielskiego
Phone: 48 48 369 0304
- Rob Rowell
Phone: 61 3 6234 5833
- David Dunne
Technical Officer Digital Systems
Channel Seven Brisbane
Phone: 61 7 3369 7777